Managing Productivity and Morale during the Holidays
It is easy to get off track during the holidays. People are focused on the festivities, shopping and meals of the season and can lose motivation at work. It is important to keep your business on track at the end of the year as well. Keeping employees motivated and morale up will help guarantee continued success.
There are many ways to keep morale up. You don’t have to break the bank. Simple gestures will do the trick.
- Decorate the office. Encourage participation from everyone. If you have a diverse office, into them to share different cultural traditions during the holidays.
- Have a catered lunch brought in once day. Let your employees know in advance and encourage everyone to share lunch and social time together.
- Have special festive treats available one or twice a week. Ask employees to share b bringing treats. This is a good time to share cultural or family traditions.
- Do an office or company wide Giving Tree. There are many options such as a coat drive food drive or toy drive. Another option is to adopt a family and provide for them during the holiday season.
- Have drawings once a week for gift cards in small denominations for coffee shops and inexpensive restaurants or cafes.
Small gestures will make your employees feel appreciated and people who feel appreciated most often will work harder. All of the above suggestions will make for a great holiday season at the office. You know your employees, so come up with other small gestures of your own. Set a plan that fits your specific office.